Expand my Community achievements bar.

"Done With My Part" & Task Report (for tasks assigned to more than one person) Problem?

Level 2
We have team members that like to use Task Reports to see the important information they need and group projects in a way they need to see them about that work they need to get done. Most of this information is not provided on the Home Beta view. So they leverage the Task Reports and would like to complete the tasks from these reports. Problem: 1. If more than one user is assigned to a task and one person changes the Task Status from New to Complete, that task will be considered complete and will be removed from the "My Task" report for all other users that have not completed their part of the task, but this task will remain on the Home "Work List" for anyone else assigned to the task. 2. If a user on the same task instead selects "Done with My Part" from the Home environment or on the Task landing page, it will be removed from their "Work List" (if they filter out Completed tasks) but if they use the "My Tasks" report the task will remain on their list with no indication that they complete the task. Unless they cross reference their Work List. Question: 1. From a Task Report, is there a way to add the "Done with My Part" prompt to avoid completing the entire task for everyone else? 2. Is there a way to filter out a task on the Task Report for the user that selected "Done with my Part" to better communicate the user completed their work? Nick E.T.
8 Replies

Level 10
hi Nick, I think I ran into this problem a few years ago, and the only fix was to re-create the task report as a different kind of report. I think I ended up using the Assignment report, and basically recreated the look and feel of the task report -- just as an assignment report rather than a task report. Does that make sense? Would your users be willing to experiment with that to see if that fixes your issue? -skye

Level 2
That makes sense and I will look into it. Thanks for the tip! Nick "E.T."

Level 10
Good deal! To help you along, here's what I had in my filters: assignedToID=$$USER.ID assignedToID_Mod=in task:status=INP NEW task:status_Mod=in project:status=CUR project:status_Mod=in status=AA AD status_Mod=in (this will produce a personalized report for the user who clicks on it) And then all I have on the assignment report columns is: Assignment Status Start on Due On Duration Task name Project name Can start Handoff date (and a few custom fields) -skye

Level 2
This works great for solving my Question 2, so thank you for that! Question 1 still remains unknown. Nick "E.T."

Level 10
I don't know of any way to put any sort of "done" button into a report, I'm afraid. They would have to click into the task for that. If that's a valuable feature to have, it seems like it would be worth it for your users to all go with the Home feature. Is there something they need from the report that they are not getting in Home? -skye

Level 2
Without going into too much detail, its some of the custom field data that we report that's used as a reference to other software they do the work in. The big request here is reducing clicks as much as possible. Nick "E.T."

Level 10
Noted. To a certain extent you could put that information into Home via the layout template, straight onto the task pane, but if you were relying on the reports to sort or group by the custom data, I can imagine your team wouldn't find that much help. Sorry. -skye

Community Advisor

Hi there! You're not the first person to post about this - the workaround is to do an Assignment report instead of a Task report. There was no Idea to be able to do this more easily, so I've created one here to please upvote! https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-ideas/filter-out-completed-done-with-my-p...

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )