Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Quick Tip: Create views that allow for in-line editing.

Employee

Reports are great for increasing visibility, but did you know they can also increase efficiency in updating object fields?

Simply create views that allow for in-line editing by adding columns to the report with fields that may need to be frequently updated. Fields could include planned dates, durations, assignments or even custom fields. As long as they have access to edit the data on a specific object, the a person viewing the report can double click into a cell and in-line edit the field without navigating away from the report!

Want to learn more about reporting and dashboard best practices? Check out the Best practices for Adobe Workfront page for more!

And if you don't want to allow inline editing - check out this thread!

"Like" this post if you find it helpful!👍

To find all previous Quick Tips, go here and view the Discussions tab.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Employee

Updated this Quick Tip to include that if you do NOT want to allow inline editing, here's a great thread!

Level 2
Level 2

This is exactly what I've done, but two of the fields on my report cannot be edited in-line and I cannot work out why. I'm able to in-line edit 'Company', but not 'Portfolio' or 'Program' - can anyone explain why?

Employee

Hi Ross,

It really depends on the type of report that you're doing. Not sure that this is the answer, but, in-line editing is limited to the type of report you have. As an example, if you have a Company report you will only be able to edit fields that exist on the company object. This means that if the field does not exist on the company object. no one would be able to in-line edit it.

I hope this helps!

Kyna