Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Push Workfront Tasks to a Shared Google Calendar?

Level 10

So, I have a confession to make; and what better place, thought I, than to admit it here within this caring community?

For -- well, forever, I suppose -- I've manually synchronized my Outlook calendar, my Google Calendar, and my iPhone. Over the years, I've developed the discipline and spidey-sense to keep them in sync, for the most part rarely missing any events...but it has come at a certain cost in terms of admin time and stress. Last week, I finally did a little research and installed a wonderful little program called Google Sync from https://www.companionlink.com/google/ and am delighted to confirm that at long last, my three calendars stay in sync, and colorized (Personal, Calls, Offsite, and Events, as a Good Start). I've also switched from the native iPhone Calendar (which is pretty good) to the Google Calendar app (which is even better). Conservatively, the sync is >95% accurate, typically within minutes, and I expect it will save me easily an hour a week.

It's now a whole new ball game for me, and with a bit of that new found spare time, I've been mulling over other improvements I would like to make in this aspect of my time management. Especially last Friday, as I caught myself with three windows open: 1) my Google Calendar, 2) our next Workfront Merge client's (very complicated) Workfront Workplan which started this week, and 3) our oh-dang-two-in-the-same-month Workfront Merge client's (just as complicated) Workfront Workplan, which starts next week. As I mentally cross checked all three to ensure that I could interlace the tasks from the two Merge timelines among my other standing commitments, I thought:

It would be SO much easier if I could push a Workfront Workplan into a Google Calendar, then "share" that calendar (in fact, two calendars, in this case) so that I could leverage Google Calendar's native ability to more easily visualize conflicts and spot openings in a calendar view.

So! As I'm years late to the whole synchronized calendar concept, I thought I'd pause and ask:

Has anyone noodled out a way to do this yet, or (if not) be interested in leveraging this approach, if I decide to noodle it out?

Regards,

Doug

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10
Following. I would love to be able to have a merged calendar that only shows certain tasks (ie a milestone) and leaves it at Planned Completion Date without any messing around with other types of dates so we can have an accurate and reliable In Market marketing calendar which we have to manually keep because the WF calendar is too wonky.