Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Pulling Workfront data into Google Cloud Platform via API services

Level 1

I've been tasked with funneling in Workfront data into a GCP (Google Cloud Platform) project and I wanted to reach out to the WF community to see if anyone has done anything similar. I also wanted to hear from technical resources at Workfront to see if there are any suggested best practices. I am not all too familar with GCP but I imagine scripts will have to be written (JavaScript, R, Python, etc.) to pull the data from WF and push it into a GCP module.

Any insight into such a project would be greatly appreciated!

Shane

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Interesting idea Shane,

I did a little research, and -- if you have a SQL Server environment available -- invite you to consider using our Workfront Snapshot solution to export your current data (or even use our sample file, to test), then import it into SQL Server, then push it into GCP.

If that path works well, you could then rinse and repeat whenever you want to refresh/add a new slice of the data (since our Workfront Snapshot includes a timestamp on every table to support such data slices); or if you prefer, to at least use the result as a base in GPC against which you could then roll your own API scripts to sync data thereafter.

I'm interested to hear how you make out -- good luck!

Regards,

Doug