Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Pulling Job role in a report

Level 3

Hi Gurus!!

I am working on a report/calculate field that I need created. So here is the problem statement:

One of the clients want to track the name and job role of a resource on a project. As you all know that a particular project may have many stakeholders, so to keep one person responsible (apart from the Project Owner), I have created a typeahead custom field for the user (lets call it "Responsible Person". On a report I need to figure out what is the Job Role for this "Responsible Person". Dont really mind if its a calculated column or a calculated field I'll need to create to get this information.

Please help!!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Sadly, at the moment, typeahead fields only have name and ID associated with them. However, Product has told me they have on the roadmap the ability where you can get all information (including references and collections) for typeahead fields.

Not sure on timing, but hopefully soon you will be able to pull Responsible Person:role:name :)

Level 3

Thank you for taking the time out to respond @Anthony Imgrund‚! I will keep a close eye when there are any updated on the functionality you mentioned above :)