Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Pulling a Specific Job Role via Text Mode

Level 2

I need help pulling a specific information for a column for one of our job roles. What would I use as a text mode in order to pull "Creative Project Manager" job role from our database? I am pulling a project report to know which PM's are on which project without having to go into each project. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Try this instead:

displayname=PM's On This Project
listdelimiter=<br>
listmethod=nested(projectUsers).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({user}.{roleID}="INSERT ROLE ID HERE",{user}.{name})
valueformat=HTML

That should work. 

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Level 5

How is the PM indicated on your projects, via a custom field or are they the owner?  If they're on a task on the project then you may be able to use assignments.

They are not the owners of the project but they are one of many assigned to multiple tasks.

Level 5

You will probably need a task report and show a column for assignments.  Then you can filter via Assignment Roles > ID to narrow it down to Creative Project Manager.

Will I still be able to pull all of the fields in the picture? 

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 3.55.15 PM.png

You should be able to get to all project fields from a task report.

I tried that and it still will not pull the CPM that I need and it is also listing the project name multiple times. 

Community Advisor

Hi,

You will be able to achieve this with the following text mode:

listdelimiter=<br>
valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS(“Creative Project Manager”,{user}.{role}.{name}),{user}.{name})
valueformat=HTML
textmode=true
type=iterate

Using the above code, Workfront will return any members of the project team (i.e., anyone assigned to tasks, the owner, or sponsor) who have Creative Project Manager as their primary role.

Best Regards,

Rich. 

Level 2

I tried this and the column is still showing blank, even though when I click into the jobs, there are users listed as Creative Project Manager. So I am not sure why it is not pulling their name. 

Community Advisor

Do these users have Creative Project Manager set as their primary role in the system, or are they secondary roles?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Try this instead:

listdelimiter=<br>
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({user}.{roleID}="INSERT ROLE ID HERE",{user}.{name})
valueformat=HTML

That should work. 

Level 1

Hi Richard,

Do you know what would be the expression if I wanted to filter a Typeahead Field (User) but I only want it to display Users with the Access Level: Project Manager?

Community Advisor

Hi,

The filter you would use in your typeahead field is as follows:

accessLevelID=INSERT ACCESS LEVEL ID HERE
accessLevelID_Mod=in

Regards,

Rich 

Level 1

Thanks so much!! I was using: 
accessLevelMM:ID= XXXXXXXX
accessLevelMM:ID_Mod=in

Obviously that didn't work.. but at least I was close.. haha.

Thanks, again!

Level 1

hello @Richard_Le_ -- dredging this up after quite some time, but how would we call up multiple roles for this? For instance, I need to represent both 'Designer' and 'Sr. Art Director' in a single 'Creative' column. I assume that there needs to be an 'or' statement somewhere in here. 

This possible?