Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Pull Planned Completion Date "Time" for a report / calendar.

Level 2

We currently have a calculated field to pull the Planned Completion Date "time" for email deployments. It displays in 24:00 but suddenly it has stopped functioning properly and adds 4 hours to every Planned Completion Date "Time".

CONCAT(HOUR({plannedCompletionDate}),":",RIGHT(CONCAT('0',MINUTE({plannedCompletionDate})),2))

I did not change this calculation and it has been working fine for a couple years.

So if the Planned Completion Date is = Oct. 31, 2022 9:00 AM the Deployment Hour should be 9:00 but in some cases it is 13:00.

Screenshot for reference.

Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 1.08.34 PM.png

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I'm not sure I understood your response, so just to clarify --

* are your calculated times (created after 22.4) all 4 hours off without exception?

* is your timezone 4 hours different from UTC? (or more to the point, what is your timezone)

My initial reaction would be that if it's all 4 hours off, maybe you should just subtract 4 hours from your calculation. However, this is mainly because I don't really work with time/timezones. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Before I look into your question more deeply, are you aware that the recent product release mentioned a chance to calculated fields in that they now calculate in UTC? Would this have had an effect on your calculations?

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/product-announcements/product-releases/relea... (word search for UTC)

Level 2

Thank you. I missed that completely.

I did some investigating and didn't find anything that was helpful. Do you know if there is a way to correct the calculated field so we could see the time in our time zone? I didn't look it but thought I would ask.

Thank you again,

Dawnmarie

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I'm not sure I understood your response, so just to clarify --

* are your calculated times (created after 22.4) all 4 hours off without exception?

* is your timezone 4 hours different from UTC? (or more to the point, what is your timezone)

My initial reaction would be that if it's all 4 hours off, maybe you should just subtract 4 hours from your calculation. However, this is mainly because I don't really work with time/timezones.