Expand my Community achievements bar.

Proofs Not Generating

Level 3
Up until last week, we didn't have any issues with Proofs generating in Workfront. We now have major issues with the proofs not generating, which is leaving my team very frustrated with Workfront at the moment. If the proof generated, then when the reviewer/worker goes to open the proof to review/comment, we get "proof failed to generate". Really frustrated...anyone else having this issue. Patricia Howay Flagstar Bancorp, Inc.
5 Replies

Level 6
Patricia, This happened to a few of our users a few weeks ago. I believe they deleted the proof version and uploaded a new one to solve this. I don't see anything in the proof details that can be changed to help with this issue. I would suggest submitting a ticket to Workfront support if this continues for you. Let us know what you find out! Jared Mauch Crown Equipment Corporation

Level 10
This was provided to my by support when I was having a similar issue. [Material ID] was the name of our required field. As we discussed from our phone call we were trying to determine the root of this issue. I have gone ahead and tested the mandatory custom field to determine whether or not this is effecting your users to upload proofs. Here is my screen recording: "http://drop.workfront.com/87a754626a15">Screen Recording 2018-08-21 at 04.18 PM.mov From that, by removing the mandatory field the user was able to upload and generate the proof without entering the material ID. This support article also explains the functionality of the custom field you have added: "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004310427-Custom-fields">https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004310427-Custom-fields If you disable this mandatory option on the custom field, your users will be able to upload new proofs. Michael Lebowitz GuideWell Connect

Level 2
Our designers are having this issue as well. They need to click "open proof" 3+ times for it to generate, and it's frustrating. Uploading a new proof doesn't seem to fix the error, as it's happening on multiple proofs, and to delete and upload new ones on each of these projects every time this happens seems like a waste of time + effort. Alex Afriyie Questline, Inc.

Level 10
This is interesting... Are you using stand alone Workfront Proof or the integrated solution? We are having a similar problem but it is a little different. We are having the issue where it tells the project owner in Workfront that the proof fail to generate, but in reality it did generate on the back-end and it sends the emails out to the people in the first stage. We've been working with Support on this for awhile and the issue is a callback error from ProofHQ to Workfront and they are working on it. Your issue seems to be if the Reviewers access it. That's scary because that can stop work from moving forward! Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 2
We have had that issues a couple times after different releases. Here's what worked for us: From Google Chrome (should be the browser of choice for Workfront) Settings, select Advanced Settings, Under Privacy select Content Settings. Be sure "Block third-party cookies and site data" is checked. Select Manage expectations and add [*.]app.proofhq.com and click Done Kimberly Hodnett Medtronic.