Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!
SOLVED

Proof Workflow

Level 2

Hello Community,

Is there a way to have a project task or a request close automatically once a proof has been approved?

We are getting Fusion implemented now so that may be an option, if needed.

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Natively in Workfront, it's not possible to drive a task/request status change from a proof approval.

However, as you said, this can be achieved with Fusion. I believe that there is a pre-built Fusion template that you can use for exactly this use case, to save you having to build it from scratch. The template is called: Workfront Proof > Workfront - Task Update and Completion (if Approved) on Proof Decision. You can read more on this here.

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Natively in Workfront, it's not possible to drive a task/request status change from a proof approval.

However, as you said, this can be achieved with Fusion. I believe that there is a pre-built Fusion template that you can use for exactly this use case, to save you having to build it from scratch. The template is called: Workfront Proof > Workfront - Task Update and Completion (if Approved) on Proof Decision. You can read more on this here.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Community Advisor

@Richard_Le_ is correct that you can't do this natively in WF. However, I do know it has been on the roadmap for some time now that we'll be able to tie proof and project statuses/task statuses together. Don't know details or ETA but it's in the works!

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )