Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Proof Trash Lifetime/Grace Period?

Level 2

So in workfront when things are deleted they live in the trash for 30 days and then are automatically deleted.

Does anyone know if proof works the same way?

I can see there are a lot of files in my organizations proof trash bin and wanted to know if these are from a specific time period(like the last 30 days) or if the proofs in the proof trash bin is everything that's been deleted since an admin manually deleted all items in the trash.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

In the proof trash, it says "Items in trash count towards your storage". I last week deleted ~9k files from my proof trash, I checked my account storage before and after deleting these items from the proof trash and there was no noticeable change to my overall account storage.

Therefore I am led to believe that perhaps the items in the proof trash don't actually affect overall account storage.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 7

How are you accessing the proof trash?

Level 2

By selecting the "Proofing" button from my waffle menu and then clicking on "Trash" in the lefthand menu on the workfront proof website. See screenshots below.

MatthewLi1_0-1701808636640.png

MatthewLi1_1-1701808664027.png

Level 7

I have never gone in and deleted anything in the Proofing trash - to be honest there is not a lot of reason for me to ever go into the proofing backend unless something is wrong on a very specific proof.  If I had to guess I would say that there is an indefinite time limit on Proof HQ trash items.  In general the feeling I get is that we are not overly encouraged to mess around in PHQ because it syncs with Workfront and mucking around the backend can potentially mean things don't sync to the front end.

Level 2

This is a question for me because I need to clear storage space and items in the proof trash count towards your total storage in workfront. I've been deleting documents in workfront and need to make sure the proofs are getting deleted as well when I delete the workfront document.

I'm hoping if someone can answer my initial question it will answer this issue.

If it were me, before I did a final delete on all of the trashed Proofs I would get Workfront on the phone so I would potentially understand any ramifications of this action.  They have a customer support phone line which you can call and ask questions.

Another option might be to increase the overall system storage amount in your Workfront instance.  This can be arranged by talking with your account rep.

Correct answer by
Level 2

In the proof trash, it says "Items in trash count towards your storage". I last week deleted ~9k files from my proof trash, I checked my account storage before and after deleting these items from the proof trash and there was no noticeable change to my overall account storage.

Therefore I am led to believe that perhaps the items in the proof trash don't actually affect overall account storage.