Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Proof Report ?

Level 8

Does anyone know if it is possible to pull data to see if a user opened or commented on a proof in either a Workfront report or in a Proof view?

We are trying to audit users to see if they are opening or leaving feedback on a proof to ensure the right people are acknowledging they have something to review.

Thanks!

7 Replies

Community Advisor

You can pull proof approval reports/comments in a proof/proof stage info, but you're wanting to specifically see HOW the user is accessing the proof? Not sure if that's possible...

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 8

Yes, correct.

We are trying to see if people open the proof and/or leave comments but do not make a decision on the proof.

I have looked at all the objects but assumed this is not possible but wanted to see if anyone found some magic text mode or a workaround in Proof views.

Thanks!

Community Advisor

I've had that problem before where people leave comments and no decision. What I did to work around this was sending people who had pending proofs a bi-weekly report (via WF) of proofs pending their decision (using wildcard) and saying they need to mark decisions otherwise it remains in both theirs and the proof owner's queue as pending. Eventually people got the hang of it. You can make a proof approval report with an awaiting decision filter so you're only grabbing pending proofs:

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1691786192302.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Community Advisor

You can see the activity in Proofing > Activity, but I don't see any way to export it. If you just want to review the activity, this could be helpful.

2023-08-16 11_34_02-.png

Otherwise, a Proof Approval report could be used for auditing if you filter it by Awaiting Decision, then send that report to the users listed. 

I run a weekly report where I review any closed projects that have open proofs, then manually acknowledge them with "correcting proof workflow" (making sure email alerts are on). This has cut down a lot of the missing decisions 

Level 1

Hi Sheri,

Any chance you can share how you built that Open Proof on Closed projects report? This sounds like something we need.

Thanks!

Community Advisor

Sure. It's a Proof Approval report with these textmode filters:

EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=DOCU
EXISTS:a:project:status=CPL
EXISTS:a:project:status_Mod=in
EXISTS:a:versions:ID=FIELD:documentVersionID
approverDecision=pending
approverDecision_Mod=cieq
isCurrentDocumentVersion=true
isCurrentDocumentVersion_Mod=eq

As long as your complete status key equals CPL, it should work for you. If you use a different status key, just enter that in place of CPL. Then I have this report sent to me weekly so I can make decisions on any proofs still open on completed projects.

Level 1

Hi Sheri,

Thank you so much for sending this, it has been extremely helpful. I have another question that perhaps you can help with.

When I create proof reports, I see proofs in the pending status, but some of them are archived proofs (previous versions). How do you clear those? Any way we can exclude archived proofs from appearing on the reports?

It sucks that when there are multiple stages in the proof, even if at the first stage the proof was rejected, the rest still appear as pending. We are now left with a bunch of pending proofs that aren't even relevant anymore because they have been rejected at any stage.

Thanks!