Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Proof Email Notifications Suddenly Not Working?

Level 1

Has anyone else experienced this? We have users reporting that they're suddenly not receiving email notifications when they get added as an approver on a Proof, and it was working fine last week. None of them have changed anything in their notification settings.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 1

Upon further investigation, this isn't a proof-related issue--it appears to be an Approval issue. We did some testing and users will get a notification in Workfront, but email notifications are not coming though.

Level 10

Email notifications are especially hard to diagnose becuase they travel through many systems from the original sender to the final destination. Emails can fail or be blocked at any of those transfer points.

To troubleshoot and get to the bottom of it, I would first ask WF support to confirm the emails went out in the first place. If they didn't, check your users notification settings. If they did, Workfront cannot control that. I would create a test account with an email address from a more public email service; gmail, hotmail, Yahoo, etc. and see if it comes through there. If so, it could be your organization has inadvertently blocked it.

Then you'll have to go to your I.T. department and have them look at it.