Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Proof Approvers Graph Report - how to

Level 10

Doug very nicely helped me get to a new level of how to use graphs in a report to show the status based on a specific filter of proofs, where the decisions stand. Background: we are launching a new website and all the pages are proofs, and there are multiples of people who have to approve each proof, so there are hundreds of these proofs. Watch the recording to see how we made a bar graph that shows at a glance where we are in the proofing process.

https://login.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8c6b658c5d616facaf6d

7 Replies

Employee

I love that you've gotten some extra help and sounds like a huge project. Best of luck with this!

Level 5

Hi Jill & Doug,

I really want to do this type of report, I watched the video and tried to build one along with it BUT it looks like all of your columns must be using text mode because those options are not available to me within the proof approval report. (unless you used a different report type). Is there any chance you are willing to share the text modes for those columns for me to recreate this?

Thank you

Tracy

Level 10

Hi Tracy

I *think* I started this report with an existing Proof Approvals report ‚Äì like the kind that was built in when we started ‚Äì and it had those columns already there but maybe someone helped me with those, I can’t actually remember, it was at least a week ago! Here are the text modes for the ones that aren’t available. The other columns are “normal” choices.

Document Name

descriptionkey=

document.namelink.linkproperty.0.name

=ID

link.linkproperty.0.valuefield=documentID

link.linkproperty.0.valueformat=string

link.lookup=link.view

link.value=nested(documentVersion).nested(document).val(objCode)

namekey=

document.name

querysort=documentVersion:document:name

valuefield=documentVersion:document:name

valueformat=HTML

width=100

Proof Owner

link.linkproperty.0.name

=ID

link.linkproperty.0.valuefield=proofOwnerID

link.linkproperty.0.valueformat=string

link.lookup=link.view

link.value=nested(documentVersion).nested(proofOwner).val(objCode)

namekey=proofOwner

querysort=documentVersion:proofOwner:name

valuefield=documentVersion:proofOwner:name

valueformat=HTML

width=100

Level 10

Thanks Jill!

@Michael Perez‚ did Jill's textmode do the trick for you?

Regards,

Doug

Level 4

@Doug Den Hoed‚ @Jill Ackerman‚

Hey - just found this after watching the Proofing Virual User Group video and have tried to replicate the report in our instance.

Having trouble with the text mode - it looks like the Project Name text mode is the same as Proof Owner & when I tried to set up the grouping it doesn't like the text mode at all! Not sure what I am doing incorrectly so any guidance is much appreciated!

Many thanks!

Level 10

Hi Vikki,

Agreed; we developed the report in Jill's environment together, but from the video (I just scanned it again), it looks like Project Name is nothing special and just for reference, so I suggest you delete that column and simply re-add, no textmode required.

@Jill Ackerman‚ if that's correct, may I suggest you delete that column from your post above (and double-check / add any other columns that do need textmode)?

Regards,

Doug

Level 10

Sorry about this I must have done a bad copy/paste job. Let me know if any of the other text modes don't work.