Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break next week on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

I can't figure out the text mode for showing a project that resolved another project.

Level 3

I have a process where we resolve a project with another project. By creating an issue in the first project we can resolve that issue by the creation of the second project. so the process looks like this: 1. Request comes in --> Request converted to a project --> Issue added to the project and a second project resolves that issue. On a project report, we then see the second project that resolved the first. But when I try and add a column to show me the resolved first project I cant figure out how to get it to display. The resolvable only shows me the original issue. Suggestions or thoughts?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Luke,

Instead of trying to pull this information into a project report, you may want to consider building an issue report instead . . . . Following your example through, it looks something like this:

1) Initial request raised and converted into project 'A'

2) Issue created on project 'A'

3) Issue on project 'A' is converted into another project 'B'

Using an issue report you could then add the following columns to your view:

Issue >> Name - The name of the issue that was created on project 'A'

Project >> Name - The name of project 'A' where the issue was created

Resolve Project >> Name - The name of project 'B' in my example above

Would that work for you?

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Luke,

Instead of trying to pull this information into a project report, you may want to consider building an issue report instead . . . . Following your example through, it looks something like this:

1) Initial request raised and converted into project 'A'

2) Issue created on project 'A'

3) Issue on project 'A' is converted into another project 'B'

Using an issue report you could then add the following columns to your view:

Issue >> Name - The name of the issue that was created on project 'A'

Project >> Name - The name of project 'A' where the issue was created

Resolve Project >> Name - The name of project 'B' in my example above

Would that work for you?

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 3
This is superb, Rich. I did as you suggested and I was able to get the information to display properly. I am running into some grouping and filtering issues to get all the data I need but I’ll work through that. I owe you oneüòä Luke