Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Proof Approval Report

Level 2
We are having trouble using the Proof Approval report option. I have a report called My Pending Proof Approvals, and I would ideally like it to only work as its name intends. I think the issue is arising in our ProofHQ Workflows. Stage 1 is essentially a team of two people (only one decision required is checked). One person approves and then the workflow moves to Stage 2. Stage 2 is comprised of two other teams each of two people and the method is the same: only one approval needed from each pair. However, when uploading a proof and choosing the workflow, Workfront seems to only be scraping the approver information from Stage 1. I am looking at a basic Proof Approval report with no filters and the only people with Approver as a filterable attribute are those in Stage 1. I have tested approving in Stage 1 to see if Stage 2 users will appear, but they do not. My goal of the report is for a pending proof approval to first appear in the reports of both Stage 1 users. When either of those users approves the proof, it should disappear from both of their reports and appear on the reports of each Stage 2 user. Is there a better method of achieving this or perhaps a workaround? I feel like I must be missing something since the Proof Approval report is an option to create but it is only pulling information from Stage 1 of the workflows. Jacob Hatton Cosco Products
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 2
I have found the approval flow reporting to be extremely poor in workfront and I am interested as well in better information. Right now I have been exporting information from Approvers and Status field. The results will show what I list as the description of the stage, the name of the people, and if they have approved or not. I am pulling everything into Tableau and then needing to do some pretty fancy calculations to get it to find if it says "Awaiting approval" or "Approved" next to the person's name in raw form its just a mash of text but because it follows a pattern I can have tableau find certain words, you could do similar things in excel most likely too. I want to go deeper and see date and time from when the approval flow started to when each person submitted their approval. Workfront apparently can only tell me the approval flow start and completion and has not way to report out when the approver actually approver their portion. I also want to see more easily like you what stage it moved from and to for each person. I'm sorry my comment is not super helpful in solving your problem. Scott Hinchman Automatic Data Processing, Inc.