Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

projectUsersMM field

Level 5

When I navigate to the Projects list, select "Projects I'm On", and edit that filter, I notice that there's a field called projectUsersMM that looks like this:

projectUsersMM:ID=$$User.ID

projectUsersMM:ID_Mod=in

This gives me the impression that there's a field (projectUsersMM) that tracks all users attached to a project. My question is, how do I access this field from my own report? I've tried a few report types (Project, Task, Hour, User...) but have not seen this field listed.

My overall goal is to build a report that lists all planned hours, by project, and filtered by Product Owner. I know I call pull in Product Owner in a Project report by utilizing collections (which I've done), but then I can't build a chart off of that field. I'm hoping that if I can access projectUsersMM, I'll be able to pull in just Product Owners and use it in a chart. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

If you go to the API explorer and look at projects you'll see that there is a Project Users collection on projects that you can manipulate in text mode. 

You can not build a chart or summary off of that field in standard Workfront reports.  

To do charting you would need to make a report at the work item/assignment level and do  things like a DCNT to get a Distinct Count of projects that the user has assignments on.  

How do you determine Product Owner in Workfront is that a User Role on a Project, an Owner of the Project, or a calculated field?  You've sometimes got to get a little tricky to pull out the data.

Melinda Layten

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

If you go to the API explorer and look at projects you'll see that there is a Project Users collection on projects that you can manipulate in text mode. 

You can not build a chart or summary off of that field in standard Workfront reports.  

To do charting you would need to make a report at the work item/assignment level and do  things like a DCNT to get a Distinct Count of projects that the user has assignments on.  

How do you determine Product Owner in Workfront is that a User Role on a Project, an Owner of the Project, or a calculated field?  You've sometimes got to get a little tricky to pull out the data.

Melinda Layten

Level 5

Thanks for this reply @The_Real_Melinda_Layten, it was very informative.  Product Owner is (unfortunately) just a user role on the project. Owner can sometimes be the Product Owner, but it can also be the Scrum Master. It really depends on who submitted the request/issue. So I end up filtering the Assigned:To (or Role depending on the type of report) by Home Team ID to just get my Product Owners.

I'll play around with using DCNT in an Assignment Level report. The original report I had built was an Assignment Level report, but my Project Planned Hours were getting over-inflated (it was summing Project Planned Hours for every assignment). I think DCNT may be the workaround I need.