Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Projects With No Assignments

Level 10
Hi Everyone (especial EXISTS expert @Melinda Layten ;) ) One of my business units started out just doing task without assignments and hours (I know, I know, wasn't my recommendation!). Now they are moving to phase 2 and would like a report of Projects with No Assignments. Not sure how to do this since the assignment is on the Task object type but they want a Project report. In the meantime, I'm playing around with some task reports. (Side note: You can't use an assignment report on this because the assignment object isn't created until there is a person, role, or team. Tried that. HAHAHA!) Anthony Imgrund FCB
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 6
Hi @Anthony Imgrund You could run a task report and filter for Task > Assigned to ID -> Is Blank and then group by Project Name. This will yield tasks where a role or nothing was assigned, but as an FYI, tasks where a person and a role were assigned will also be included HTH Catherine Hayes The Channel Company

Level 10
Hi Catherine - Thanks. I have a task report already, but sometimes there are supposed to be tasks without assignments. The ask is for a project report that has no assignments at all (for all the tasks in that project). I don't think it is possible as I'm going to many object levels away, but thought I'd ask the group. ;) Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 3
Hi Anthony, The following works on a project report for the data in my environment: EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=ASSGN EXISTS:a:projectID=FIELD:ID status=CUR status_Mod=in However, I'm not sure if this is what you indicated won't work in yours due to a lack of certain objects? One thing I did notice on this filter is that one project was not returned even though it had no task assignments, but this was because it had an issue assignment....which this filter will also exclude. Anyway, I figured I'd throw it out there on the off chance it may do what you want. Kathy

Level 10
Very nice Kathy, I was going to take a crack at this one, but since you've already done so... To also retrieve that one Project you expected to come back that didn't (which I also understand aligns with Anthony's objective), I suggest you an extra line to ensure that only (Projects whose) Task assignments are considered: EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=ASSGN EXISTS:a:projectID=FIELD:ID EXISTS:a:taskID_Mod=notnull status=CUR status_Mod=in Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 10
OMG!! @Kathy Leeman and @Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore thank you, thank you, thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for! Anthony Imgrund FCB