Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Project Templates Start and Completion Days

Level 2

Hi guys, fairly new to Workfront (< 6 months) so apologies if this is a question that has been asked before A PM within the team wants to create a new project template but is struggling to make it work with regards to tasks starting and completing on set days. For example, Task 11 - Styling session - has 5 planned hours and needs to start and complete on the same day (day 24) but WF wants it to complete on day 25, using the Must Start On Task Constraint or a day earlier using the Must Finish on Task Constraint. The only way to get the start and completion days required is to reduce the Planned hours. The schedule assigned to the project is our default on which is set to 7.3 hours per day. If I set to a Fixed Date Constraint, it then zeros the duration. Thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Is it possible to switch the planned start and completion dates over to a format that additionally shows start and end times to see what's going on? 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 7

Hi @markTwo ,

I believe this will work if you use the As Soon As Possible constraint.  If there's a way you can use predecessors to build your timeline, you may want to consider this.  Duration.JPG

Level 2

Hi @ChloeWY Thanks for your answer, I can't seem to set a start and completion and have the constraint of As Soon As Possible. I'll take a look at using predecessors in order to control the timeline. Thanks again

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Is it possible to switch the planned start and completion dates over to a format that additionally shows start and end times to see what's going on? 

Level 2

Hi @skyehansen I have been thinking about the issue a lot and if times as well as dates hold the key to it so thank you for mentioning it, I'll take a look and show times also. 

Level 2

Two suggestions:

1.  Check the starting time of the project and make sure it starts at the beginning of your work day.  That can sometimes throw off your days.  (I wish this was a project setting, to allow the user to set a default starting time when a project is created.)  

2.  Playing with different types of predecessors dependencies types might be helpful as well.  The system defaults to Finish to Start but one of the others may be more appropriate.  Check out this article:   https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/manage-work/tasks/use-task-predecessors/task...