Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Project Template People - Why do people end up on this list and what does it mean?

Level 2

We created a project template two years ago. Its a typical template with both roles and people assigned to tasks. I was just called by a Workfront user telling me he gets an email when every project created by this template is set to active status even though he has not been assigned to a project task. When looking into this issue I noticed a "People" selection when viewing the project template. (See screen capture below) When I clicked on "People", I get a list of people. Some have tasks on the project template and do not. How did all this people get on the list? What does it mean when they are on the list. I have some people who have been deactivated on the list.

I want to delete all the people who do not a have project template tasks assigned to them, but I don't want to do that until I understand why people are on this list. I know this is not the same at sharing the template.

Any help would be appreciated. I want to delete all the people from this list who do not have a project template task assigned to them.

0694X00000IBO9eQAH.pngThanks!

John Weiss

Workfront Administrator

Follett Products, LLC.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

I think those people were previously assigned tasks in the project template. When those tasks were reassigned, the old user still stayed in the people section. In project tasks, I'd recommend trying to avoid using specific people and utilize user Job roles or groups instead.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

I think those people were previously assigned tasks in the project template. When those tasks were reassigned, the old user still stayed in the people section. In project tasks, I'd recommend trying to avoid using specific people and utilize user Job roles or groups instead.

Community Advisor

This list is your "project team". You (someone over at Follett) added them to this list at some point in the past -- either manually or automatically -- and then did not remove them (it's easy to forget to do this, or miss that this step is needed).

You can click on this link for more information: https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=the-new-workfront-experience&topicId=Content%2FMa...

Mostly the meaning of the list is that they will get emails when anyone activates a project.