Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How can I hide group statuses from users not in the group? I am seeing them appear on shared projects.

Level 5

We are experimenting with group statuses to cut down on noise. However, I am seeing inconsistent application of it within Workfront. For instance, we have a custom status in Group A. I log in as a member of Group B. I see the status in Project 1 but NOT Project 2 for this user.

What difference in the projects would create that?

Thanks,

Ryan

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

hi Ryan,

Project 1 has Group A in its group ID field (edit the project and search for the word Group). Project 2 does not.

I hope it's clear from this then, that group statuses cannot be hidden from users not in the group. Their use can only be controlled through which group is specified on the project. This also leads to my second obvious statement: only one group's set of fields can be used on any given project.

Best practice suggestion: our project templates should be set with a specific group in that Group field so that the projects created from the template always sport the statuses required for that workflow.