Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Project template best practices for high volume of deliverables and due dates

Level 1

Our team creates print and digital assets for a high volume of SKUs. One project could contain creative work for 100 SKUs or more. Currently, we have a parent task for each SKU with about 5-6 subtasks for the assets/action items/due dates associated with each SKU. This results in projects with hundreds of tasks and very burdensome for our team members. We started this way because our cross-functional teams often request the status of a specific asset per SKU (is the packaging approved, released, did we receive a supplier proof yet?)

We are looking to simplify and revamp our templates, while still maintaining visibility to those sub-task due dates (approval, released, proofed) so we don't miss deadlines. It is also vital to be able to share granular data with our partners (how many/which assets are approved out of total, how many/which assets have we released, etc.) I've looked at the Blueprint templates wondering if it is too big of a shift to reverse our templates, having one task encompass "Artwork Production and Approval" for all SKUs in the project, and providing a proof report/dashboard that shows the status of each SKU.

Quick summary: our hundreds of SKUs have the same 5 or 6 sub-steps, all with individual due dates, and our partners really care about that granular information but our team can't keep up with hundreds of tasks in every project.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 2

Could you use the Integrated Campaign project blueprint to create an overall Artwork Production & Approval project, and use the issue/request process in the blueprint to input an issue for each sku then convert the issue to the 5-6 step project template? If you have Fusion you could attach a custom form to trigger all the issues to be converted to projects using the 5-6 step project template. With each SKU being attached to an issue should be able to do reporting on anything. My thoughts at least 😏