Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Project / Task / Assignment and Revenue Report

Level 6

Hi all,

I have a report, which shows Planned hours, Actual Hours and Planned Revenue for completed projects. But I also need to be able to show the Task Assignments (by Job Role). I'm sure that this is possible, but I'm not finding the right starting point to get the fields I need.

Thanks in advance

Matt

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there! You can create a task report and in the groupings, add job role name:

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1694464681090.png

This what you're looking for?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 6

Hi,

Thanks for this. I was going around and around, but not cracking this. I'll attempt this with today's clearer head and see what happens. I'll let you know.

Thanks again

Matt

Community Advisor

Hi Matt, trying to understand what you're after. Do you want to see the role of the tasks assigned, or are you trying to pull in tasks assigned to a job role and not a user? And if you already have 2 groupings, perhaps you can have assignment info/role name in a column instead of a grouping...

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 6

Hi Madalyn,

Yes, I would like to see the total breakdown for each of the Job Roles assigned to the tasks and the actual hours logged against those tasks. I may also need to add in Actual Revenue. I understand that the "Actual" elements come from the timesheet hours logged, so this was where I wasn't sure if I needed and project / task / hours or timesheet report template.

I've attached a couple of images to try to help explain (I've done as a pivot for demonstration purposes). The first would be the raw data available and the second shows how I would like the totals to be able to roll up to the different levels (Company, Project, Job Role).

I appreciate your time, but please don't' feel you need to help if it's taking too much of your time.

MattWindsor_0-1694595549689.png

MattWindsor_1-1694595587753.png

Thanks

Matt

Hi @MattWindsor,

For the role based financial breakdown you're after, I invite you to review our AFA Burn Report solution video and if it seems like a potential fit would be happy to chat further via doug.denhoed@atappstore.com.

Regards,

Doug

Level 6

Hi Madalyn,

I've created a new Task Report, and tried to split it by job role. The screenshot shows it's tried to do something, but it's only showing two job roles and a blank. The actual hours are very sparce as well. 

MattWindsor_1-1694536957480.png

This is group by Company Name & Job Number. Adding Job role into that just put headers around the 3 types of job role. In my original Project level report, it also gave a Revenue Total at Company level in the grey area on the right, but I can't see where that is set as mine doesn't have that.

Any help is appreciated, but I know it's tricky when you can't look into it properly.

Thanks as always

Matt