Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Project Tags - Marketing Companies

Level 3
Hey There, Working on some reporting and wanted to see if anyone had some best practices for project tags. How do you create a tag feature for type of projects? Best practice for projects that have multiple deliverables? How do you categorize your projects? Any advice is welcomed! Thanks! Emily Byrne The Starr Conspiracy
3 Replies

Level 3
Hi Emily, We assign unique IDs ("form numbers") to all of our collateral. As an insurance company we do have actual forms that go with the issuing and service of annuities, but we also give unique IDs to any marketing collateral. Aside from this benefiting organization, it's also required for compliance reasons within this industry. In a typical campaign we often have a direct mail piece and an email that use the same messaging and content. We used to build these as separate projects and would use the custom forms section in the project to list the unique ID. Now that I manage all the marketing campaign projects I've begun building these differently, where I build in the direct mail piece and the email piece in the same project, and I made a new custom form that can live at the task level. We also use custom forms for a myriad of other characteristics, such as: medium, audience, distribution (which websites being published), etc. and can generate quick reports to identify, for example, how many postcards we sent last quarter, touchpoints with different audiences, etc. Hope this is helpful! Best, Ashley Ashley Adam American Equity - Comm

Level 3
This is helpful. But I guess I was wondering more how we a can use a similar feature within the Workfront platform that is similar to the tag feature in the proof platform. Or if it is on the product roadmap for the near future. Thanks! Emily Byrne The Starr Conspiracy

Level 9
We use a combination of something like Project # - Line of Business - Document Reference #. Our project's are (Project #)-(LOB)-(sub-category like partner if applicable)-descriptor When we have a piece code for a document we were using originally using the Project#-LOB-DocRef# but in reality you can just use the DocRef# since each object has a unique Ref#. The most important aspect for us was having a number in the front for sorting purposes - we later built a custom document field which we use for adding as an audit method - how often a piece needs to be updated, next update date, and the piece code. Christina Jarosz Ascensus