Expand my Community achievements bar.

Project statuses - list of statuses in preferences does not match actual drop down

Level 4
Hello, I've rearranged my list of project statuses in Setup and dragged to reorder as instructed, but the actual drop down of statuses has not updated. What do I need to do differently? Lila Whitney Discover Financial Services
5 Replies

Level 10
Good question! I had a look at ours and the order also doesn't match. If they're not meant to match, what is the point of being able to re-order them in the setup area? David Cornwell

Community Advisor
a couple questions here for you... Are these your system statuses (upper right corner dropdown)? And is your project assigned to a group (or the project that your task or issue is in). If your project is assigned to a group, you'll need to use that dropdown to go to the group for that project, then re-arrange the order there.

Level 4
1) This is the system statuses page. 2) We don't assign projects to groups, just individual users. Reading the instructions to drag and drop at the system statuses level, wouldn't that make this the order for any individual user who has access to change project statuses? Lila Whitney Discover Financial Services

Level 10
When a user creates a project, the project's Group field usually defaults to the user's Home Group. So as Heather mentioned: whatever group your project has set itself to, it will follow the order of the statuses for that group. -skye

Level 4
Thanks! Lila Whitney Discover Financial Services