Expand my Community achievements bar.

Project Reporting against a Goal that resides in the Program

Level 2
Hi! I'm having trouble creating reporting that weighs progress (in this scenario, the number of deliverables in progress or completed, which we track at the project level) against a certain goal (a number field at the program level). For our marketing offering, we can only fulfill so many deliverables against a certain program per quarter, and I need reporting that visualizes the number of deliverables we've done against the goal that we've listed at the program level. To make it a little more complicated... it is not simply a count of the projects tied to that program. In a project, we have a calculated field that determines the number of 'deliverables' fulfilled within a project. So a single project may constitute 1 deliverable against the goal listed in the program, or it may constitute 2 or 3 deliverables against the goal listed in the program. For example, let's say: I can only fulfill 10 deliverables against a certain program in Q4. I have the number 10 listed in the Goal field at the Program level. I have 3 projects in progress or completed that were created in Q4 under that program. Project 1 = 1 deliverable Project 2 = 2 deliverables Project 3 = 3 deliverables End goal for this example: I need a graph that shows that I have 6 deliverables created and 4 remaining against the 10 total I can perform. Any thoughts??? Thanks! Dan Daniel Corey Arrow Electronics
1 Reply

Level 8
So you've got a manual entry field at both the program and project level for deliverables? Create a project report. Include the program name, program deliverables, project name and project deliverables in the report. Set the program deliverables to 'Average' and the project deliverables to 'Sum'. Add a Column chart, with the LEft Asix as Campaign>Deliverables Average and Bottom axis Campaign name. The make it a combination chart with Project > Deliverables Sum. I'd suggest make the second chart type a column as well. You can filter the report to project completion date, project status etc. to get the quarter that counts. You can't distinguish between those underway and those already delivered on the same chart, but you could have a dashboard with those already delivered (only), those underway (only) and then total Barry Buchanan - WMA Work Management Australia