Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Project Report - Listing a resolvable issue's requester in a column

Level 2
I'd love to find a way to report the initial primary contact (requester) for a given project's resolvable issue within a custom column of a Project report. First off, here's the project intake process: 1. User submits request ticket 2. Issue is automatically assigned to our "Project Manager" job role for gatekeeping 3. PM converts from Issue to Project (adds metadata, portfolio/program, assigns priority, etc.) 4. Assignments made and project is activated from Planning status to Current status I cannot for the life of me find out how to list the original (resolvable) Issue's requester in a column for a Project report. The column would just report the project's original requester, based on the EnteredBy name for the Primary Contact in the resolvable Issue. Is this even possible in current state?
4 Replies

Level 10
Hi Benjamin, Here's what we have. On your issue form, create a calculated field called: Original Requestor. On the Calculation, enter Entered by.Name On your project form, on the calculated field Original Requestor, enter on Calculation: IF(ISBLANK(Original Requester),"",Original Requester) Going forward you should be able to report on the Project's Original Requestor. In Reply to Benjamin Green:
I'd love to find a way to report the initial primary contact (requester) for a given project's resolvable issue within a custom column of a Project report. First off, here's the project intake process: 1. User submits request ticket 2. Issue is automatically assigned to our "Project Manager" job role for gatekeeping 3. PM converts from Issue to Project (adds metadata, portfolio/program, assigns priority, etc.) 4. Assignments made and project is activated from Planning status to Current status I cannot for the life of me find out how to list the original (resolvable) Issue's requester in a column for a Project report. The column would just report the project's original requester, based on the EnteredBy name for the Primary Contact in the resolvable Issue. Is this even possible in current state?

Level 2
Thanks Polly! I tried this out and couldn't 100% get it to work unfortunately. I also wanted this to be 100% behind the scenes, and requesters see the custom form when filling it out. I decided to roll up the ol' sleeves last night, though, and dig really deep into the API explorer to do some in-depth research (probably should have done in the first place). I've created a workable solution in the attached snippet that references the primary contact for a request. I've also now hidden the "Primary Contact" field from requesters in the request queue so their own name stays the default value. Thanks for your reply Polly, looks like I found the answer to my own question!

Level 2

I would love to see the snippet of text mode copy as well.

Level 2
Hi Ben, Would you be able to share the text mode syntax you used for this? I am trying to report on a projects resolvable issues originating project ID, i.e. the request queue from where the project came. Thanks Rob Rob Lawrence Workfront