Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Project report filter for excluding projects that a particular user is on

Level 2
Hi there, I have been spinning in circles trying to achieve the following. I feel like it's something obvious, so I am turning to the community for help! I'm looking to build a project report that excludes projects that a particular user is on. This means, that I want to exclude projects where "user name" is on the Staffing list of the project. I'm currently trying to do this by using the filter: Project User > ID > Not equal > "user name" But this filter is not working. Any ideas on which filter to use for this? Thanks in advance! Marshall Marshall Comden Plantronics, Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 10
This might end up being a case where you need to use an exists filter? (not sure if you had considered this option yet) "https://wf-pro.com/textmode/text-mode-filters-exists-notexists/" https://wf-pro.com/textmode/text-mode-filters-exists-notexists/ -skye

Level 2
Thanks for the direction Skye - I am clearly new at using the exists filter. I'm trying to use the following but not sure it is working. EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=PRTU EXISTS:a:projectID=FIELD:ID EXISTS:a:userID=missygoldberg Basically, I'm trying to see all of the projects that Missy Goldberg is not a Project user on. Do you see anything I'm missing? Many thanks! Marshall Marshall Comden Plantronics, Inc.

Level 10
You mentioned you weren't sure if your report is working. I think what you should do is run two normal reports: one with all projects and the other with projects where missy is on the project user list. Subtract one number from the other and you will get the total that you should be expecting from this exists report. Also... you're using missy's GUID for that search, right? Not just her name? -skye

Level 8
What Skye said. just tested it and this worked (using my ID) EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=PRTU EXISTS:a:projectID=FIELD:ID EXISTS:a:userID=5bcf4e82006b6edb514136082fa9f17c Adina Pierce

Level 10
you're awesome Adina. I'm posting from my phone so can't test a thing. Thank you for validating the code and well done to Marshall for muddling through his first exists statement -skye

Level 2
This is awesome! Just tried and it worked - Skye and Adina, you both are the best! One more quick question: If I wanted to use multiple GUIDs, would I just separate them by spaces? Example below. Do I need to add any commas or semi-colons? Is there a limit to how many I can use? EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=PRTU EXISTS:a:projectID=FIELD:ID EXISTS:a:userID=57f439a00090ef486a5d0f7668f8a377 5bec7e1d0117853f60956a7b86b09cca Thank you so much again! Marshall Marshall Comden Plantronics, Inc.

Level 10
I can answer the first part of the question: if you're ever trying to filter multiple things, you would separate with a tab space. I have never seen a limit, but who knows. And I'm not sure what the result would be if you tried this specific search with multiple GUIDs but... hopefully you can run tests and come up with a rough number of results to expect? -skye

Level 2
Nevermind my last comment! I found out that the tab button works to separate the GUIDs. Thank you both again! :) Marshall Comden Plantronics, Inc.