Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Project Completion Notification

Level 2

If someone is part of proofing workflow are they considered to be "on that project"? They are not assigned a task on a project but may have entered the request that converted to a project or possibly may not have been the person that entered the request but was assigned to that request which converted to a project. I'm trying to determine the best way for this particular person to be notified that a project is complete without a manual update being made to that person. In a person's profile, there are a couple of notifications, that I'm trying to figure out if they would help resolve this.

"My request is closed (confirmation)" - is "my" referencing the person who entered the request or does this include the person who might have been assigned to the request?

"The status changes on a project I'm on" - is "I'm on" only referencing when someone is assigned a task or would this include someone who is part of proofing workflow?

Just trying to determine an automated way for someone on a project to be notified when it's marked complete when they are not project owner, assigned tasks or didn't enter the request.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

"My request is closed" is all about the primary contact of a request (this is usually the person who submitted the request).

"Project I'm on" -- this refers to anyone in the People section of a project (this is usually for people assigned to work in a project, but you can add users to the People section without assigning work to them, so this is how they end up getting notifications).

People who are in a proof workflow are not considered as being "on that project".

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

"My request is closed" is all about the primary contact of a request (this is usually the person who submitted the request).

"Project I'm on" -- this refers to anyone in the People section of a project (this is usually for people assigned to work in a project, but you can add users to the People section without assigning work to them, so this is how they end up getting notifications).

People who are in a proof workflow are not considered as being "on that project".