Expand my Community achievements bar.

Process/User Manual

Level 3
Hi All, Great discussion this afternoon! Thanks to all who participated and thanks to Maria for organizing! I forgot to ask another question of all of you and am hoping to get some feedback on a process manual for Workfront. Do any of you have one, are creating one or who are thinking about creating one? It's a big undertaking and I'm not sure where to house and how to easily update. Just thought I'd get your feedback. Thanks!!! Jennifer Franz Sae International
7 Replies

Level 2
Hi! Eric and I at ANSYS have recently discussed updating our Workfront tutorial if that is what you mean by a process manual. We plan to start working on it soon and can keep you posted. Thanks, Angie Kweder Project Manager, Marketing ANSYS, Inc.

Level 3
Not only that, but a directory of processes, rules and best practices. Regarding a user manual, I like to capture screen shots for examples and man, am I a dork or is it just tedious! Jennifer Franz Sae International

Level 2
Hi Jen! We've used this site to help us with creating an SOP for projects - it has screenshots as well! Hope this helps! :) View this on Workfront > Marisa Smarsh UPMC Health Plan Inc

Community Advisor
We were looking for a way to organize and ensure updates of SOPs, so we created a Workfront project to house all SOPs. Each one has a task of the same name assigned to whoever should update the file with a due date one year out to review/update. Heather Slater Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.

Level 3
that's a great idea. Sadly, I'd be the only one on the project...but it's still great for time-keeping. Thanks! Jennifer Franz Sae International

Community Advisor
Hi All, on last week's call, someone asked ( @Angie Kweder maybe?) about documentation that we provide to new client-users. Attached is what we provide to most new clients. It's also the guide that I use when someone wants an in-person walk-through to be sure I don't forget any of the bigger things.

Level 2
Hi Heather and yes it was me who asked about it. Thank you for sharing and so helpful to see what you included. Love the support from our group! Angie Kweder ANSYS-Marketing