Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Priority Routing

Level 3

Is is possibile to create routing rules based on the Issue priority (normal,urgent, etc.)? I've searched through the Community and have not seen this question or an anwer in quite some time. TIA!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't believe so, a routing rule is for a team or a specific person. However, you could do this in a different way by having queue topics for each priority and based on which is selected, it goes to that specific person or team. For example:

- Support Ticket request queue
- On clicking this queue option, have queue topic with same custom form attached to each for Low/Medium/High priority. 
- Based on priority/queue topic selected, you have a routing rule for the specific person for this priority.

If you found this helpful, please mark correct to help others : )

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't believe so, a routing rule is for a team or a specific person. However, you could do this in a different way by having queue topics for each priority and based on which is selected, it goes to that specific person or team. For example:

- Support Ticket request queue
- On clicking this queue option, have queue topic with same custom form attached to each for Low/Medium/High priority. 
- Based on priority/queue topic selected, you have a routing rule for the specific person for this priority.

If you found this helpful, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 3

Thank you. I'm going to work on this and see what I come up. 

Community Advisor

If you go this route, it's essentially just asking priority in the form of a queue topic instead of a custom form field, so if you ask this in your field, remove this field since it would now be redundant when the user is already selecting priority via queue topic.

If this helps you, please mark initial response correct to help others : )