Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Preventing approvers from reopening timesheets

Level 4
Hi, We have timesheet approval process where each employee submits his time on weekly basis and his/her manager approves the time sheet . If this approval process is not completed in time then administrators close those timesheets. We have observed that a few approvers inadvertently reopened these timesheets and submitted them. We want to prevent this from happening. Once the timesheets are closed, we use the hours totals for some calculations. If the timesheets are reopened by approvers after these calculations, the data goes out of sync. Once a timesheet is closed by administrators, it should not be possible for the approvers to reopen it. Is it possible to accomplish this by any setting in Workfront?
8 Replies

Level 10
Sadashiv, would it be possible to upload a screenshot showing where the Project Managers are inadvertently opening and then reapproving the timesheets (seeking to then protect that information by hiding it, once approved)? Regards, Doug

Level 4
Hi Doug, Approvers can navigate to Timesheets tab, search for the closed timesheet and then click Reopen button at the bottom (screen shot attached). If they reopen the timesheet, make changes and then approve it, data will be out of sync.0690z000007ZkRPAA0.png

Level 10
I see, Sadashiv. Have you considered creating a Billing Record and attaching the Hours to protect them from further adjustment? Regards, Doug

Level 10
Hi - another way to lock the time in a timesheet is to approve the hours in the project. You go to the project, select HOURS, select the tasks, and approve them. That locks them in the timesheet. You’ve got options! Eric

Level 3
I just got confirmation from Workfront Support and verified it myself. In our timesheet profile, timesheets are to be approved by their Manager. We discovered that our Managers, who have Plan licenses, CANNOT reopen Closed timesheets. That is because in the Access Level we assign to our Managers, we do NOT check Allow administrative access for...Timesheets & hours. See attached.0690z000007ZkRAAA0.png

Level 4
Hi, We haven't tried this option. We will explore if it can be used in our set up. Thanks for your response.

Level 4
Hi, Thanks for your response. We will check with the approvers if they are ok to approve time this way.

Level 4
Hi, Thanks for your response. This is the closest solution. The only minor drawback will be that the approvers wont be able to correct or enter time for their reportees. E.g. when a reportee is on leave, his manager can enter time for him and approve it. Unfoirtunately, we need this ability. Only once the timesheet is closed, it should not be possible to reopen it for the approvers. Only administrators should be able to open it.