Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Predecessors

Level 1
Hi all! 2 questions on predecessors: Is there a way to see which predecessors are complete vs. not complete other than the green/gray color indicators? We have a team member that is color blind and cannot see the difference. Is there a spot to go on a project task to show which other tasks depend on that task? Lori Clark PowerSchool
6 Replies

Level 10
Hi Lori, There is a Can Start field you can add to their View (or Filter on)

Level 7
Lori, for your question 2, are you looking to see where on a Task Landing/Summary Page in Workfront, where you can see what other tasks depend on that task? Do you use Workfront "Home" or "My Work"? Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 1
I use Home. By task landing/summary page, do you mean the project listing of tasks, or something different? Lori Clark PowerSchool

Level 7
I meant that when you click on the Task/Task Name, it brings you to the 'landing page' for that task, where you can view task description, attached documents, etc. In "My Work", if you are on that Task Landing Page, you can see what tasks are dependent on the task, by viewing the 'baseball card tile' that is on the top right-hand side of the Task Landing Page. Depending on the task you are on, it will either indicate: Tasks waiting on this: ABC Task or This task is waiting on: XYZ Task On Home, there is no baseball card tile equivalent; however, I would think you could add fields to show the predecessor or successor task name(s). Someone may be able to confirm that this is possible - we are not fully using Home yet, so do not know off the top of my head if these specific fields are available to add to the Home Layout templates or not. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 7
And, also just found this that may be helpful in case you want to go the Task View route: View (Column): List of Successors Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 1
Ah - I found it - this is very helpful! When I click through to a task on home, I still see the baseball card. Thanks for your help! Lori Clark PowerSchool