Expand my Community achievements bar.

Portfolio's projects Expenses (Planned vs. Actual) due end of September 2020. How to?

Level 2

Hello,

What's the best practice to create a report showing Portfolio's projects Expences, between 1st Jan 2020 and 30th Sep 2020. Which grouping and filters into report?

Filtering projects with Portfolio ID's is easy, but the expenses...

How to get Workfront to calculate all projects Planned and Actual expenses till end of September? No matter what's the project start or completion date (portfolio is the filter what projects to calculate) .

I've been wondering and wandering around Planned Start Date and Planned Completition Date, but that'll give no actual and needed results. Some projects will always go missing from report.

Thanks in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Pete,

I invite you to consider our Budget vs Actual solution, which includes all the custom data, processes, and reporting monitoring reports you need to set and track Budget Vs Actual, right from within Workfront either online or in PDF format.

If you would like more information, you are welcome to email me at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com.

Regards,

Doug

Thanks Doug,

Interesting offer. I'm trying to find answer natively, how to do it in Workfront. I assume you're marketing a solution (with price), rather than acknowledge.

Level 10

No worries Pete,

In that case, although it will not be possible to report in the same manner (e.g. % of Actual vs Complete), To at least point you down the path that worked for us, I suggest you create custom data to determine the Fiscal Period to which you want each Budget Amount (e.g. Tasks) and Actual Amount (e.g. Expenses), then use that Fiscal Period in your reporting to bring the data together correctly.

Regards,

Doug