Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Please get rid of the marketing survey. My users hate it.

Level 5

b1b55a35-835d-4738-aa03-a30dafbe7416.jpg

Seriously, can we please be rid of this thing? I've had complaints from users--one of whom from the LT here. 

I complained about this in my prior life at Bristol Myers Squibb. At that time, I was told that this was integral. I don't know if this is true. All I know is that it annoys my users and then I get to hear about how it's annoying.

So, can we please be rid of this thing and--if not--can we have it mapped for System Admin users alone?

10 Replies

Level 10

I asked and they turned it off for my instance. All my users rated it 0 anyway. I believe you can open a ticket asking they disable it.

Level 9

@jon_chen why is this still an issue?

I've posted about it at least 4x in the old community, and at least once last week. 

Why do we need to submit a ticket to turn off a feature we never authorized?

Level 5

And not only is it one we've never asked for...it's one that actively makes our jobs more difficult being evangelists for the platform.

And while we're at it, we also get the "We're working to make Adobe workfront better for you" survey. That needs to go too. WE want data to help our users, as we are very much involved in customizing and tweaking our users' experiences. This data doesn't help us with that. 

That being said, would it be nice to similar functionality so we admins can ask our users for feedback? Perhaps. But I find that this is more of a hindrance than a good and we really should have control over this behaviour as admins. 

Administrator

Hello @JohnJOSullivan @Christina_Jarosz 

These customer satisfaction surveys help our product teams measure the general content with our Solution. Unfortunately there is no method to toggle this option yourself, but as @RandyRoberts mentioned, you can reach out to Support to disable this notification for your environments. I understand that this pop-up can be frustrating if it's appearing very often - let me see if we can tone down its frequency so its not as obtrusive. Thanks. 

Level 5

Ideally, we want this OFF entirely for our instance, never to return, sent off to outer darkness where there is nothing but wailing and gnashing of teeth.

We want to share things with the higher-ups and we don't want this to get in the way of the reports we're developing for them.

I'm more than willing to participate in surveys outside of the system--sincerely! I enjoy offering my own observations along with those garnered by my users. This method is more of an annoyance and doesn't inspire good will. 

Level 9

Jon - let me give you some scenarios to consider.

• A new employee is just starting with our firm. In trying to learn this tool, they are getting prompted for 'How much would you recommend to a friend?. How does this apply to them?
  • A business owner that has the sole purpose of submitting a request for support 2x a year is being prompted for feedback. How does this apply to them?
  • A planner that uses WF day in and day out for task management - and receives regular updates through their WF admin and support person. How does this apply to them?
  • An executive who reviews high level reporting is presenting a report in a meeting. This pops up in front of other executives and peers. How does this apply to them?

I am extremely hard pressed to believe that Adobe - with all their rollouts of 'features' and 'improvements' cannot make this an opt-out option.

The fact that we have to manually request to have these turned off per instance (and - btw - as you can see it's back on) - leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. We are paying annually to use this tool this isn't a free app that solicitates feedback as an exchange for service - so why is this being considered a 'so-sad-too-bad' deal with it issue? 

In the meantime - any feedback I receive on this popping up I will continue to suggest rating 'zero'.

Level 10

In the meantime - any feedback I receive on this popping up I will continue to suggest rating 'zero'.

I just tend to close it reflexively, but I really should be doing this. Making Adobe's data invalid or suspect would do wonders for their opinion of how badly they want to do this.

I'm honestly tired of SaaS vendors thinking these sorts of things are okay. If they want to give me their product free or at a steep discount for permission to bother my users or run ads, that would be one thing. But this isn't a free-to-play iPhone app, this is an enterprise application.

Level 2

Agree with John and Christina... not toned down... OFF.  Never to return.

Let us, as System Admins, decide what is communicated to our users and how. 

If the product teams want to measure product satisfaction, I welcome them to join the community and become engaged with the great group of Admins who are active on the site and more than happy to share feedback on behalf of our users.

Level 5

It just happened again. Oh my goodness, please stop the insanity.

Level 10

This was annoying and anger-inducing before Adobe bought Workfront. They really should have known better back then.

Now that Adobe is doing it, my brain is like "exactly what I expect from Adobe": out of touch, pushy, and deaf to it's user base. "We know better than you do what you want."

Adobe, do you remember a big goliath named Aldus that upstart Adobe overthrew to get where they are today because Big Bad Aldus was arrogant and out of touch with their users? Pepperidge Farm remembers…