Expand my Community achievements bar.

Planner Report: actual hours are different from hours report

Level 1

Hi, I pull the planner report for specific teams to show planned vs actuals. I noticed that the actuals in the planner report are not equaling the actuals in our hours reports (hours reports that are being pulled from timesheets). This is specific to certain tasks on a project or full projects. Is there a setting that could be prohibiting the planner report from pulling the actuals data in correctly?

In the attached instance, it's a task within a project that's not showing (2 hours off) but in some instances we have 20+ hours missing on either a full project or task within a project. 

Anyone have any thoughts??

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Your screenshots are trimmed too closely, and I'm not sure there's enough information here. Can you include the filters for your two reports?

Level 1

Hi - I just updated screenshots so you can see the job numbers. Both reports are filtered by portfolio (Portfolio contains "client name"). Thanks for the quick response!

Community Advisor

I still can't see very much. You're best off submitting a  case to the Support team, if your company policies are preventing you from sharing more information than this. The only thing I can mention at this point is that a number of things may prevent something from showing up in the resource management area. I know one of them is zero duration (so for example, if you have a task with no duration set, then this wouldn't show up in workload balancer), but you can look up all of them here:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/workfront/using/manage-resources/the-workload-balancer/ov...

Community Advisor

Are you sure you're pulling the 2 reports in an apples:apples way? Same timeframe, projects, teams, etc.?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 1

Hi - thanks for responding! Yes, the hours report is pulled based on last months hours, by portfolio (portfolio contains <client name>). Resource Manager>Planner report is also looking at July hours, filtered by portfolio name ((portfolio contains <client name>). I suspect there's something in the project or task that's preventing hours to show in the resource management actuals view but I'm stumped on what it could be...

Community Advisor

And you're certain the planner report isn't showing Planned hours, just Actuals...

The hours report may also be pulling project and issue time and planner report showing only actuals on tasks or projects?

Level 1

Yes, you can see from the screenshots where the planned hours are vs the actuals in the resource manager view. The actuals are 2 hours off on one specific project number. We don't use issues to put time against but love the brainstorming to help solve this. Thank you!

Community Advisor

It's tough without know your setup. Isolate those 2 off hours and see where they're different from the rest - what object type are they logged to, check hour entry vs. project or task entry, and if the hour owner is included in both reports.