Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Planned vs Actual hours Variance Report

Level 2
Hello, I am trying to figure out a report that I created called Planned vs Actual Hours by Project. Please see attached screenshot of report. If you look at the screenshot, you can see the first group of hours displayed by project. The screenshot is only showing 1 project. It then filters the data by job role and then shows the task associated with that job role. It also shows who the task is assigned to and then the planned hours and actual hours. All of that makes sense. What I don't understand is the Hours Variance column. I understand the variances at the task level but I don't understand the variances shown at the Job Role level, the parent task level or the project level. In the screen shoot, if you look at one task - Blogs - Content Development (R1), we planned for 16 hours and we logged 2 hours so there is a variance of -14 hours. That makes sense, but at the job role level, it says there is a variance of -840 hours, at the parent task level - Blogs Content (R1)(3), the variance is -810 hours and then at the job level, the variance is -1,740. For the job that is listed, AT&T 1005 - SmartPack there are only 742 hours for all work. Can anyone help me understand what this is telling me. Ultimately I am trying to create a planned vs actual variance report at the job role level. thanks
1 Reply

Level 2
Hi Where you able to get this report to work? Curious because I think I could use something similar. G Gisela Delgado Equinox Holdings, Inc.