Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Outlook Exchange Calendar/Workfront Timesheet Integration

Level 2
Hello All, I am with the Oregon SOS ISD and am attempting to find the means to automatically adjust employee availability on Workfront to reflect employee time off requests in our shared Leave Calendar. I've seen a great deal of discussion about integrating the Outlook Exchange Calendar with Workfront, but there does not appear to be a native solution yet. I've noticed some Outlook Integration is happening in the Workfront Beta and, while I could conceivably copy the Leave Calendar data (it is not classified) to Office365 to take advantage of it, we cannot run our projects on the Beta version of a website for policy reasons. As a result, I am looking into developing an in-house solution to this problem for our department. Have any of you attempted to do something similar in your own departments and, if so, do you have any code or steps that worked for you? Zachary Pettit Oregon Secretary of State Agency
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Zachary - where is your 'shared leave calendar'? In Exchange I presume? And/or, do you have a separate payroll-related system where leave is entered and approved? That may present some other options. It is possible to use the Workfront API to create PTO entries in Workfront (which reduce the available hours for reporting), so it's a matter of getting the data out of whatever system it is approved in, then writing the records in via Workfront's API. Something like Fusion could help in terms of running the integration platform, or you could obviously build it in house. David Cornwell

Level 2
Thanks David! Yes, the leave calendar is a localized Outlook calendar linked throughout the department via Exchange. We don't have a separate system for recording PTO aside from the Calendar, we have it set up so that leave requests can be made by employees and approved by the director directly in the Leave Calendar. The only other place time off is manually logged is on Workfront which is the redundancy I'm endeavoring to resolve. Thanks for the tip about Service Fusion, we will look into that as another feasible option if an in-house development proves to be overly taxing. Regarding the PTO view, do you know how to access that on the new site? I'm new to Workfront, and, while I've found several sets of instructions for interacting with AtTask and the REST structure in the old version of the site, I am not sure how that translates to the new site. Thanks again, Zach Pettit Secretary of State Agency

Level 10
Hi Zach, The current version of the API documentation is at

Level 2
Thanks David! That's exactly what I used to get the bulk PUTs working after I got all the data into the database. I've got a fully realized integration now that pulls all user data from our Leave Calendar and uploads it to Workfront Time-Off Calendars. I think I'll go ahead and create a new discussion post with this solution in case it can be used to help someone else. Zach Pettit

Level 5
As I work to plan out the documentation and developer sites, I would love to hear about and see use cases and FLOs for API and Fusion. The best product ideas come from our awesome user community!