Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Reporting on Custom Form Usage

Level 2
Hello, @Caitlyn Hill and I are doing an audit of our entire system. There are a lot of smaller forms I built in the beginning that no longer seem relevant, but if they are tied to existing projects/tasks/issues, I do not want to delete data. Currently, we are interested in seeing where custom forms are being used/if they are being used at all. Is there a report out there that can help with this, or does anyone have any text mode we can try? Thoughts? Chelsea Terwilliger Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Employee
Good Morning, I would try using the following as a column on a report for each object name: displayname= linkedname=direct namekey=category.name tile.name=component.objectcategories valuefield=objectcategoriesNamesString valueformat=HTML viewalias=category.name From there, you can export the data to Excel, use the remove duplicates option to see all of the forms that you are using for each object. You may also need to use the Text to Columns to separate out multiple custom forms that are attached to projects. You can compare that list to the list of custom forms that you have for that object type (go to custom forms and filter by each category type). I wish there was a way to do this all within Workfront, but I don't know of one. Good luck! Sarah Nau Dominium Inc.

Level 3
@Sarah Nau - will that column work in the custom forms view? I'm trying to see which templates the custom forms are already linked to. Connie Sutherland, CPPM CareerBuilder

Level 5
Following, as I'm also interested. Alana Coble WebMD

Level 10
Hi Chelsea, in a template or project report, you can use a collection filter to identify where specific categories (custom forms) are used. By entering the ID of your custom form, you can see where it is used. You can grab the IDs in Setup > Custom Forms by customizing the view in there to include them. This approach also ensures that you're finding results where the custom form might not be the first form in the list. objectCategories:categoryID=1234123412341234123414 objectCategories:categoryID_Mod=in Narayan Raum Workfront CoE Manager & Delivery Lead SunTrust Bank