Expand my Community achievements bar.

Other Teams field

Level 10
Hi All, Hope you all had a great Holiday season and start to the new year. I'm looking find a field for the Primary Contact "Other" Teams". Or All Teams they're on. I can find the Primary Contact Home Team ID, but I want to be able to inspect the Other Teams that Primary Contact has. I can't find the field anywhere. Is it possible to get to this field? Vic Alejandro, MPM, PMP, CSM vic.alejandro@denverwater.org
10 Replies

Level 9
I can't say I'm responsible for this text but here's 'All Teams' description=Other Teams isInlineEditable=true linkedname=direct listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(teams).lists listsort=nested(team).string(name) name=All Teams querysort=team:name section=0 shortview=false textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=name valueformat=HTML width=150 Here's 'All Groups' displayname=All Groups link.linkproperty.0.name=ID link.linkproperty.0.valuefield=ID link.linkproperty.0.valueformat=int link.lookup=link.view link.value=val(objCode) listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(userGroups).lists namekey=roles.plural textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=group:name valueformat=HTML Here's 'All Roles' displayname=All Job Roles link.linkproperty.0.name=ID link.linkproperty.0.valuefield=ID link.linkproperty.0.valueformat=int link.lookup=link.view link.value=val(objCode) listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(userRoles).lists namekey=roles.plural textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=role:name valueformat=HTML Here's one to show the manager hierarchy: displayname= linkedname=direct namekey=Manager Hierarchy querysort=DE:Manager Hierarchy valuefield=Manager Hierarchy valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString However, to use that you need this calculated field on a custom user form, that is attached to each user: CONCAT(IF(ISBLANK(Manager.Manager.Manager.Manager.Manager Hierarchy),"",CONCAT(Manager.Manager.Manager.Manager.Manager Hierarchy," - ")),IF(ISBLANK(Manager.Manager.Manager ID),"",CONCAT(Manager.Manager.Manager.Name," - ")),IF(ISBLANK(Manager.Manager ID),"",CONCAT(Manager.Manager.Name," - ")),IF(ISBLANK(Manager ID),Name,CONCAT(Manager.Name," - ",Name)))

Level 4

it looks like your text mode formatting got jumbled when it migrated to the Experience League (all one line). Posting the team list here in case it helps someone else. Applied to a USER REPORT.

description=Other Teams
isInlineEditable=true
linkedname=direct
listdelimiter=<p>
listmethod=nested(teams).lists
listsort=nested(team).string(name)
name=All Teams
querysort=team:name
section=0
shortview=false
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=CONCAT({name}," (Owner:",{owner}," | Created:",{entryDate},")")
valueformat=HTML
width=150

Level 10
Thanks Christina!! Very helpful.

Level 10
I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's no way to show all the teams on an issue report, which is I assume what you're asking for (primary contact's other teams) -- so it's probably the case that you'll have to put a calculated field on your user to show their other teams and then call that in the issue report. BUT if you discover the magic combination of text mode then please share! :) -skye

Level 10
OK now for the extra bonus question. This gets me the list in a View. But I'm actually trying to Filter to find all Issues that have a Primary Contact that is on a certain Team. So I'm starting in the Issue Object. I'm looking for the Other Teams (really All teams) of the Primary Contact for a specific Team ID. Under the User object the field name is teamIDs. Under the Issue Object the Primary Contact Home ID is owner:homeTeamID So kind of combining those I need something like owner:teamIDs or owner:user:teamIDs But I tried those and they don't work. Basically I'm jumping from the Issue to the User object. Is this not possible or does the syntax need an adjustment?

Level 10
Would it be an exists statement? Why do you always have the hard questions! -skye

Level 10
LOL. Yeah I think an exists or contains statement would be appropriate but I'm not sure of the field and join statement to interrogate. The combinations I've tried don't seem to be working. To be sure, you guys only get a question from me after I've exhausted the big brains here (I'm fortunate enough to have two super sharp resources at my disposal). So when they can't figure it out (within a reasonable amount of time). Then I go to the collection of big brains of you lovely people �� – in hopes someone has done this already. Or Doug is looking for a new challenge �� .

Level 10
Just got back from a late lunch, Vic: I'll be your huckleberry. Taking a look now... Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 10
Thanks Doug! Actually we dreamed up another solution that works. So we don't NEED to do this. If you already had something I'm sure it would still be useful down the road, but I don't want you to burn any cycles on my account. I just found a different way to solve my problem and successfully tested it. So we're good here. Thank you!

Level 10
10-4, Vic: gun holstered. Glad you Found A Way. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore