Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Notifications triggered from where?

Level 4

Which part of a project linked to a request triggers email notifications?

I've updated the routing rule in the project and submitted a test request but it didn't change the group that was notified.

Is it from the 'people' or somewhere else too?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Jaxelle based on your post and other comments, it does sound like these people probably have the email notification on for 'an issue is added to a project I'm on' and they can turn them off.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Employee Advisor

@Jaxelle Can you provide some more detail as to what the email notification says so that we can determine how it is being triggered? 

Also, when a user receives an email notification from Workfront, they can click on "stop emails of this type" in the email footer. When that link is clicked, a user is taken to their personal notification preferences and is shown which notification has been turned off.

Level 4

Apologies - I've accidently marked this as resolved.

The notification emails are being triggered to everyone in the team/group when a request is raised. Please see screenshot attached.

The group has 100+ people in it so it's not as easy to ask them all to turn this email off so I was hoping to create a separate team & group so only the people relevant need to receive these notifications but I can't work out where in the project triggers the people who receive the email?

The routing rule changed didn't work. 

Hope I'm making sense.

Thank you!

Employee Advisor

You may want to check the People tab of the request queue project. It looks as if the email is being triggered to everyone based on the notification, "A request is added to a project I'm on." 

If the project is only being used as a request queue, then you can remove all users from the People tab. However, if you have tasks within this project that are assigned to users, that is why a notification is being sent. 

Level 4

Thank you. but then I don't understand the difference between a routing route and the people listed in the project? as I thought the routing route was to do with emails and notifications?

Community Advisor

Routing rules don't necessarily send notifications, but depending on the settings in the routing rule, if the user has certain notifications turned on, they will get those notifications.

The routing rule can do any or all of these three things:

• assign the request to a particular user
  • assign the request to a team
  • place the request in a particular project (the one used to submit the request or a completely different project)

Any notifications resulting from any of those options are based on the notifications that each individual user has turned on

• assigned to a user - notification: I'm assigned to an issue
  • assigned to a team - notification: My team gets a new work request
  • request placed in a project - notification: An issue is added to a project I'm on OR An issue is added to project I own (if the user is the project owner) OR An issue is added to a project I sponsor (if the user is the project sponsor)

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Jaxelle based on your post and other comments, it does sound like these people probably have the email notification on for 'an issue is added to a project I'm on' and they can turn them off.

Level 2

Hi @Madalyn_Destafney In profile notifications, I'm not seeing "an issue is added to a project I'm on" as an option. I would like my intake team members to receive a notification when a new request comes into the queue to alert them to review it.

Community Advisor

Hi there, if you don't see that, then it means it's not enabled from Setup > Email Notifications in the instance level. Your admin chooses which notification options are available to users, and from there users can choose which they opt into/out of.

For users to be notified of a new issue they're assigned to, you have other options - these work only if the issues are assigned, not just added to the project without assignments:
I get a new work request

I'm assigned to an issue

My team gets a new work request

An issue is added to a project I own (of course only the project owner would receive this)

Level 2

Thank you! @Madalyn_Destafney I found I didn't have my intake team reflected in queue details approval route + I had to enable the email notification in settings, as you advised.  Much appreciated!