Expand my Community achievements bar.

Notifications for Tasks Assigned to a Role

Level 2

Howdy! 

Is there a way to control notifications for tasks that are assigned to a role and need reassigned to a person? 

Right now our team is structured so that myself, the project manager, enters tasks into workfront and assigns to a person and/or a role, and the managers on the team are responsible to reassign tasks for their team. I've set up for a report to run and email the managers daily with tasks that need reassigned, but sometimes we are turning around tasks within the day and I'm fearful this will slow down work. Soooo, all that to say, is there a way for the managers to receive immediate notification when a task assigned to a role that they oversee is entered and therefore know to go reassign? 

Thanks! 

5 Replies

Level 2

We have built into our templates/workflow task(s) that is/are specific to letting the team(s) know it's now time for them to assign their task(s). The task(s) has/have an approval loop on it. The task(s) has/have either a one stage approval because only one team needs to assign that specific type of work or multiple stages/teams on them if that is needed. 

So we're using the task(s) as a way to not only give the team(s) a way to be notified via the email notification of an approval needed, but also for it to be on their work list to keep track of what they need to review/assign.

Hope this helps.

Community Advisor

What if you assign the tasks to the correct manager(s) themselves along with the role, and then the manager(s) reassign the role to correct person and remove themselves? I mention leaving the role on there so they know what role you're looking for/help them know right away what role is needed. They can have on the notification that a task is assigned to them, so they know right away.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion! We had been assigning to the managers to reassign, but then it muddies what is actually their to-do and what needs reassigned. 

Community Advisor

Instead of mailing out the report once a day have you considered adding the report to their dashboard so that they can see it updated throughout the day?

Level 2

Yep! Report is also added to their dashboard, but our team is new to workfront and aren't in the habit of checking dashboards - they basically live on their homepage. It's a transition we're starting to implement, and this manager dashboard is the first!