Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Notification of a 'Rejected' hour on a project

Level 6
Hi there I have tested this in the sandbox and I cannot see where the hour owner, the project owner or the team leader are notified in any way about an hour that's rejected on a project/task. Is this correct? Thanks!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 6
Did you mean this to go on my other post about 'ignoring tasks?' Just checking in case I'm missing something :)

Level 10
Sigh. Yep: iPhone user error. Thanks Laura. I've transplanted it. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Now: as for THIS question, Laura...if Workfront is set up so that you are to approve my time after I submit it, but you reject some of the hours, they'll then "come back" to me so I can (fix and) resubmit them to you. If you need something "stronger" by way of notifications, I'd suggest you create a "My Rejected Hours" report of some sort (e.g. belonging to me, requiring Submission, but last modified NOT by me). Regards, Doug

Level 6
Hi Doug, so what exactly happens in Workfront when a rejected hour ‘comes back’ to me? Laura Ray Project Support Analyst Bakkavor Information Systems Bakkavor Group West Marsh Road, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 2BB, UK Direct: +44 (0)1775 763 010 www.Bakkavor.com // Laura.Ray@Bakkavor.com< [cid:image001.png@01D1F89F.43E45120]

Level 10
I suppose it depends on how people record and submit your hours, Laura, but the path I was imagining was via timesheet; when I submit, my status time by changing the status, it then "goes" to my supervisor (e.g. on their My Approvals), but if rejected then "comes back" to my timesheet (with the status changed back so I have to submit again). Regards, Doug

Level 6
Ah, ok, so what if the project owner rejects some hours against a project under the project ‘hours’ tab? Is any notification sent out about that? Laura Ray Project Support Analyst Bakkavor Information Systems Bakkavor Group West Marsh Road, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 2BB, UK Direct: +44 (0)1775 763 010 www.Bakkavor.com // Laura.Ray@Bakkavor.com< [cid:image001.png@01D1F8A2.4F7800B0]

Level 10
{{Laura}} Nothing happens when hours are rejected on a project. That is, of course, different than rejecting the timesheet. Nothing happens. Zip, zilch, nada. The hours are still charged to the project. No notifications go out. Eric