Expand my Community achievements bar.

Newby question about Request Queue Management

Level 2
Hi all, We just rolled out Workfront for our marketing team. One of the functions that is getting a lot of use is the request queues that we set up for both internal and external requests to be funneled into the team. The queues have been set up and the requests route to a specific PM for assignment and completion. She is not currently converting the issues into tasks or projects, but instead just assigning them to a designer. Recently a few of the designers and brand managers mentioned that they are recieving workfront emails about updates and documents regarding Queue Topic issues that they are not assigned too. I suspect it is because something from the overall queue was assigned to them and therefore they are assigned to the queue topic project and are getting notifications for anything happening within the queue project. What is everyone's best practice? Do you always convert queue issues into projects? Thanks, Jill Jill Addy University of Wisconsin Credit Union
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Jill, The email thing could be several causes. But I would try to open the queue project, go to the More tab > Staffing > People. If those folks are on there, you can remove them here and that should stop those emails (if that's what you want). As far as always converting issues to projects, the answer would be no, for us. It depends on the workflow and how the teams will work the requests/issues. There's three scenarios for us: The team simply needs to work the one issue, no need to convert it to anything, just work it and close it. The team needs the Issue to be converted to a Task (there could be several reasons for this – metrics, they may want to create sub tasks later, they use Kan Ban, etc.). The team needs to complete several tasks as a result of this request/issue (usually a repetitive set of tasks that we'll keep in a Template). This is when we would convert the issue to a project. Hope that helps.

Level 1
Hi Jill, Perhaps you could build standard operating process for your team. I find that more often than not, building SOP's solves more problems with than anything else. Here's how our marketing group will handle requests: 1) they are converted to task on pre-existing bucket projects (example: 1 hour, quick turn social media request) 2) they are turned into projects We keep resolving object tied to the original issue/request. We never resolve by adding a task to the queue, and we make sure our queue is not populated with staff. From a simple to explain perspective, our queue is not a place for work, it's a place for requests. We have found that reporting is simpler this way, too. Good luck, Christine Christine Barrera Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae)