Expand my Community achievements bar.

Timesheet Pinning?

Level 6
Greetings from San Diego! Can someone please tell me clearly and precisely the logic and actions behind Pinning? This Task is already on my Timesheet: What does clicking the pushpin icon actually do? And then of course, I have Tasks that already have the pushpin ... Why do those Tasks have the pushpin? Why would I want to remove a Task from my Timesheet? I appreciate your answers! Jay Schertzer Jay Schertzer Guild Mortgage Intranet System Administrator
4 Replies

Level 10
AFAIK, the pushpin sticks the task and the project into your timesheet way past the time it should be there, eg, there is a setup item on your timesheet to generate timesheet 2-4 weeks before/after and if this is a task that's been completed/due 3 weeks ago or project that's already closed 3 weeks ago, it shouldn't be in a timesheet 2 weeks after (if that's what you set the timesheet generation to). The pinning makes it stick in your timesheet until you actually unpin it. So unless you unpin it, theoretically, I think that task should stay there for years only you'll probably can't put time in it. Polly Co

Level 6
Thanks, Polly --- Well, if that's the case, that's an issue right there --- we have some users that haven't pushpinned a Task, and the Project has been Completed for months! The Task is just hanging on their Timesheet And we also have some Tasks within the same Project that are displaying a pushpin, and some that aren't. I suspect the function is not working as intended ... I'd like a Workfront person to chime in here ... Jay Jay Schertzer Guild Mortgage Intranet System Administrator

Level 7
Hi Jay, Just like what Polly said, you can search for and manually add an issue, task, or project to your timesheets, which pins them there. If you happen to already have an object on your timesheet that you want to stay there, you can click the pin to pin it there. When you unpin the object, you can refresh the page and it'll fall off if it doesn't meet the auto-populate timesheet settings in Setup. If you believe an object shouldn't be on a timesheet, I'd recommend calling into our Customer Support team so we can open a ticket and look into what's causing the work item to still appear. Thanks! Dustin Martin Tier 2 Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 6
HI Jay, Your information is not correct, if you "unpin" and then refresh the pinned job stays on your time sheet. You have to "unpin" then make an hour entry, then save your timesheet in order for the pinned item to be removed. Which is complete nonsense and causes massive amounts of frustration across my user base. It appears as though the system is not registering the Pin / Unpin action as an actual change to a time sheet because it's not an hour entry so the "save" button doesn't activate so you can't just go in and remove unwanted projects / tasks / issues without going through additional steps. Ryan Carroll Integrated Marketing Services