Expand my Community achievements bar.

New Workfront Home Page - Please Fix Before Forcing it on US!

Level 2

Is there anyone I can speak to about the forced roll out of the new Workfront Home Page that is coming? 

Please, please do not remove the functionality of the current Worklist.  It is necessary for any project manager that is properly using Workfront to do their job.  It is a simple listing of tasks and proofs that are in chrono order BY DEADLINE.  Late items are red.  The new page has this separated, so harder to cross check tasks to proofs to see what is missing. 

The Awaiting my Approval is not even usable.  It lists items in order of date added,  not by DEADLINE.  Who cares when they were added?  This is insane. To see when each item is due so I know what to work on, I have to click on each one, open proof (which takes forever), then click on Workflow.  So instead of using my eyeballs and reading deadlines in the Worklist, I have multiple clicks.  And when I open the proofs from Awaiting My Approval sometimes they open, sometimes the Overview page opens, sometimes I get an error.  (people are going to be angry!) What currently takes seconds to use now takes a very long time.  Huge step backwards.

If you MUST force this on your customers, please add a widget that is the exact same view as current Worklist. Begging!  At least this will keep current power users happy. 

28 Replies

Level 9

@AmyYo1 

In our processes/use of Workfront, we do not upload documents directly to tasks, we upload them to projects. Having a quick upload button in the quick updates area in Priorities is extremely confusing for my team. Can I turn this off, or will I have the ability to eventually? 

We also do this same thing and do not load documents to the tasks. Agreed that we should be able to upload documents from a task to the project documents area. My creatives desperately want to be able to do this. Putting in an idea for this.

Level 3

@jerflo can you address the timing questions above, on both the date to be able to disable Priorities, and the fast follow functions/improvements to widgets? Thank you. 

Level 3

Thanks, @jerflo ! Can't wait to get my hands on this! I see a "Columns" button – will there be an option to add a "Can Start" column?

Employee

Hi Jen - thanks for your excitement!  We have some great things planned. Column picker is on our roadmap (as mentioned above). 

Level 4

Hi @jerflo  - one of the more critical columns we use is 'Last Update' to see what is new on a project.

The video/page says this is something that should display with Priorities but I dont see it. Am I missing it?

Also - how are the colors of the project names defined? That is a big ask now from some our Monday.com users so I'd love to be able to tell them WF can do it.

Employee

Hi Christina - thank you for the feedback! A column picker is indeed on our roadmap. 

Regarding colors, they are currently system-generated. However, we also have "color customization" on our roadmap.  Please let your users know that we welcome their input to ensure we get color customization right. 

So far, we've heard a need to assign color to: status, project, custom field (aka business unit or lob), and client.  

Level 3

@jerflo where is it outlined what type of reminders users should be sent to "re-bookmark" the right URLs for when this change occurs? Are there dependencies around whether a system admin has made the default switch for their team to new home (workspace) vs. old (worklist or home)? Please advise.

Level 4

Hi @jerflo. Can we please get the option to hide the left-hand nav bar if we opt to disable the Priorities page for our users? It's incredibly confusing to have a bar existing simply to click on the Priorities page, which we won't be using out the gates, and the Home page, which is already available in multiple other areas.