Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

New Workfront Experience Feedback - auto expand forms?

Level 2

Can we have forms auto expanded so we don’t have to click, click click..

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Community Advisor

I fully agree, it should be possible to fix that in form settings, whether it should be expanded or not by default!

Is this on idea exchange?

Employee

Hi Jackie and Rafal,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback! That is very important and helps us improve the product!

I can clearly see your point, and I'm curious to know what would the perfect solution look like for you? Would that be always expanding all custom forms by default, or would you expect to configure that?

We've certainly had the reduction of clicks in mind when we were implementing custom data logic in NWE and went with the current implementation as we observed that people mostly work on just 1 custom form at a time. Though it looks like in your use case that created more work for you than value, which I'm really sorry to hear.

Thanks again for your feedback, and please let me know your thoughts.

Best regards,

Gevorg

Level 10

Ability to choose if a report/view is auto-expanded or auto-collapsed.

For us, this need varies from view-to-view and report-to-report.

Even more advanced would be for reports with multiple levels of grouping to be able to say "Level 1 = Collapsed, Level 2 = Collapsed, Level 3 = Expanded, Level 4 = Expanded"

Community Advisor
Hi Gevorg, Thanks for reaching out. While responding to this idea I only had one specific idea. Report contains field which is a link, after clicking a pop-up with custom form shows up. Since custom form is the only content here the user gets a pop-up which needs to be open by clicking anyway. This seemed to me like redundant work which could be avoided if custom form had setting we are talking about now. Happy to jump on a call to showcase if helpful. Best Rafal Wodzisz Manager, Graphics Bain & Company Tel: +48 22 348 88 76 | Mobile: +48 501 458 352 Bain.com<>

Level 2

Hello, thank you for your response. I agree with Kevin that ideally we would be able to configure if a custom form is auto expanded or auto collapsed - or certain sections only are auto-expanded. For us it depends on the user and what they are doing with the form, so may be different for multiple users - would be nice if the configuration could be "sticky" once a user sets it up. Thanks

Level 3

I think the collapse all button should be a expand/collapse button that changes with the context.

There should also be an option in the layout to make them expanded or collapsed by default.

Employee

Thank you all for the great feedback! I highly appreciate your help with this!

I'll circulate this back to the team, and we will evaluate possible solutions to improve that experience!

Best regards,

Gevorg