Expand my Community achievements bar.

New User Experience - Problems scrolling in custom fields

Level 7

Has anyone else seen this issue scrolling down custom fields that have a long list of dropdown options in the new UX? We are finding that the scroll window is not big enough and we have to scroll the bottom bar to the right to see the scroll bar to scroll down the list but then the names in the dropdown options get cut off. This is not an issue with the field in Classic but WF helpdesk think this is a local browser issue which I find strange.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Louise,

Yes, I've observed that behavior. As a workaround, it might help to reduce your browser's zoom level (e.g. pressing Ctrl [-] vs Ctrl [+]) -- sometimes drastically -- to force the drop down to redraw in a way that makes all values available. Similarly, I sometimes see drop downs appear "elsewhere" (e.g. below and to the right) when clicked; again, resizing might help, but if not, at least being aware that they might be appearing elsewhere on the page (even off camera...hence the resize similarity) might allow you to continue with your work.

I suspect such items are relatively easy to fix and that the developers will want to address them to ensure everything works smoothly, so I suggest you raise a helpdesk ticket to bring it to their attention.

Regards,

Doug

Level 7

Thanks Doug, however the reason I raised this query on here is because I have raised a ticket just to be told this is a browser issue. Resizing makes the rest of WF too small so this isn't a solution for us. I'm frustrated by the fact that we don't have this problem in classic but do in the new UX so i am struggling with accepting we have to zoom out to resolve a display issue.

Level 9

I agree, Louise. We have several long dropdown parameters, and the Classic supports them much better than the New Experience. I find it quite puzzling that this particular display issue is being dismissed as a browser problem.

Level 7

Thanks Eric. The issue is partly because the helpdesk can't replicate the issue and aren't aware of any other customers reporting this issue so if you have some screenshots you could send me or, raise a ticket on this too that would be really helpful.

Employee

Yes, I will second this - if you can show support and they can replicate the issue then they can take it to the development team to start building a fix. So if anyone else can do this and have it be replicated that would be great!