Expand my Community achievements bar.

New to reporting - calculated field based on If statement

Level 1
Hello! I'm still learning the syntax in Workfront and need help creating a calculated field to sum hours for two hour types - The logic is if the hours type is either OpEx Expense or CapEx Expense sum hours. Does someone have a similar formula that I can hack? Thanks! Lorrainna Sherman Clearwater Paper
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Lorrainna, Custom forms can't be attached to Hours, and so you wouldn't be able to do a calculated field to populate based on whether it is one of the two hours types your interested in. Luckily I don't think that would be a problem....I would suggest you just create an Hours report which is filtered down to the two hour types you're interested in. You can then configure matrix groupings to group at whatever levels you're interested in and Sum the planned hours values. Let me know if this isn't what you were after or you need some more info. Regards, David Cornwell

Level 1
Thanks David, To be sure I understand - to do what I need to would require a custom form, except that because it's hours a custom form isn't available. My end goal is to have two hour types display as one total in the chart. I'm not sure how to get there from a matrixed view. Thanks again. Lorrainna Sherman Clearwater Paper