Expand my Community achievements bar.

New Home Peer Support/Best Practice Idea Sharing - Any Interest?

Level 3

With required transition to the New Home Experience on 10/17 (planned), would other admins here have interest in sharing best practices or training ideas, as well as pinch points among others managing their way through this? If so reply here and I can coordinate conversations among interested folks in the next 1-2 weeks, and set up a support group of sorts. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

25 Replies

Level 1

Thank you.  I am interested in participating also. 

Level 3

Feel free to message me at ayost@athene.com
I'll include you in a Teams call. 

Employee Advisor

@AmyYo1 While it's a bit too short of notice for us to launch a formal event on this topic, my team (Customer Success) is happy to bring this up as a topic of discussion in the October 14 event, Connect: Workfront Collective. The monthly Monday morning Collective events are typically open discussions, so this would be a great way to kickstart the conversation.

We will also address the deprecation of legacy home in the October 31 event, Adobe Workfront 4th Quarter 2024 Release Round-Up, although that will take place post-required transition.

Like a few folks have mentioned below, if you're able to offer training sessions to help answer some of your users' questions, that would be a great place to start. And depending on how many or repetitive questions, you could always create a training guide to answer some of those FAQs. 

Keep in mind that the new home workspace is an option when it comes to a user's default landing page - if users are not loving it, there is always the option of creating a dashboard and setting that as their default landing page instead. That way, you can re-create commonly used work lists and if needed, apply conditional formatting or column rules (ex: red highlighting) to make it easy for them to find upcoming or late work. 

Tagging the folks who expressed interest so you get notified about the events as well! @CourtneyS11 @AmyReilly @KatherineLa @TerryHy @ShannonAn1 @JenL-LAZ 

Level 3

Thanks. All of this is far too late to address my questions and the questions of others on the topic. 
The training materials, most specifically around the Priorities functionality/My Work widget and suggested changes, are non-existent. I have a FT position as a Workfront admin at my organization, and am working to provide support from a panicked, backstop standpoint to peers at other organizations. Adobe Workfront needs to be providing formal training with complete materials. 

What are dashboard best practices? Please advise. Provide examples so we are not recreating the wheel. 
I am offering training sessions for my users - what am I supposed to train them on without seeing it in action myself/being given the chance to test? 
Where are those example reports with formatting built it for my team? 
Where are the example proof reports to help stopgap missing functionality - an issue I'm hearing about on multiple threads? 

Employee Advisor

I realize the October 17 deadline is coming up quick, so while my response isn't a perfect solution to your problem, it was intended to at least provide you with a resource (outside of Customer Support) to ask questions and brainstorm solutions with other Workfront admins prior to the transition date.

@jerflo Shared a few training materials below on the new Home workspace, one of which offers insight into the available filters for the My Work widget (see bottom of the page). If you have questions around Priorities or specific feature-function, Customer Support is free and available 24/7 to answer any questions you have around the technical how-to's. 

The new Home workspace has been available for over a year now, so if this is your first time checking it out, then I agree it can be a little overwhelming as it's a new look and feel. In the future, I'd recommend staying on top of Product Releases so you are at least familiar with what new features are being rolled out, even if they aren't applicable to you just yet. 

As for your reporting-related questions, there is a Best Practices - Dashboards article available on Experience League, and the blog, Manage Your Team's Work Using Dashboards, has great examples and step-by-step report creation instructions. If you aren't familiar with conditional formatting, you can add highlighting to a specific column (ex: late tasks) by adding a rule via the Advanced Options menu on the column itself. In your case, it would be if the Planned Completion Date > Less Than > $$TODAY on a task report.

Screenshot 2024-09-23 at 2.09.24 PM.png

When it comes to Proof reporting and missed approvals, there is a Proof Approval report type that can be customized to fit your needs.

If you have further questions, my team is happy to help. Our focus is more on strategy vs technical how-to's, so feel free to send us an email at csatscale@adobe.com and we can offer additional guidance, resources, and recommendations.