Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

New field not appearing on custom form.

Level 7

I added a new field to a custom form. When I click the 'preview' button, it doesn't appear. When I click save, I see it on the form but when the form is used on a request, the field doesn't appear so it can be answered.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Maria,

It sounds like you have some display logic applied to that field causing it to only appear when a value in another field has been selected. When you click on the field in the custom form builder, does a display rule appear in the left hand side bar as demonstrated in the screen shot below?

0694X00000C0uHjQAJ.jpg

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 7

Thanks for the suggestion but it does not have display logic attached to the field.

Community Advisor

Hi Maria,

Is there a section break in your custom form that appears above the field? If there is, there are two other things you could look into:

1. Is there any display logic associated with the section break that would affect the fields in that section.
  2. What visibility settings are applied to the section break (i.e. in order the view the field, the user must have 'Manage' rights). You might need to change this to 'view' rights.

The only other thing you could try is to remove the field from the form and save it, and then re-add the field and see if that fixes the issue.

If none of these options work, then I would raise a ticket with support.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 7

Ok I'll try this. Thanks so much for the help. If it doesn't work, I'll reach out to support like you suggested.